It is estimated that there are 1.66 billion Muslims in the world. This estimate is based various general sources like Wikipedia, BBC, CIA Fact Sheet and others.
When we take specific Islamic Sources into account and the fact that in populous countries like China, India, etc., where Muslims are known to be more than what is shown by general sources, it is estimated that the actual population of Muslims in the world is around 1.88 billion.
As per U.S. Census Bureau, the World population as on August 10, 2010 was 6, 861,516,337. Thus Muslims form about 28% of the world population.
HOW TO ACHIEVE UNITY AMONG MUSLIMS
(1) Some people say that whoever proclaims Shahadah is a Muslim, therefore, we should not differentiate between Muslim sects. There should be unity among all sects and our primary focus should be their welfare in the world.
(2) Some liberalized people like Muslim politicians, celebrities and affluent businessmen say that Muslims should keep religion separated from their daily lives. They claim that religious Mullahs are the root cause of all troubles because they sow the seed of discord in Muslim community. Therefore, they say that Muslims should look towards them for leadership in the world and follow their guidance.
(3) Some people say that religion should be a bonding factor, rather than a divisive element in Society. If we focus our attention on sectarian differences, it results in alienation of Muslim Groups and results in weakness in Muslim society. Others take advantage of the situation. Current events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan Palestine and elsewhere are the result of differences in Muslim community in the world.
(4) Some people say that there are hundreds of Salafi groups in the world and their number is increasing by the day. These groups are involved in Dawa' around the Globe with missionary zeal which is essentially propagation of their self fabricated notions in the name of Islam. How can we achieve peace and unity in Muslim community when all these groups are working tirelessly to promote their conflicting beliefs and interests in the name of Islam. The Islamic society is continuously shred into bits and pieces by these groups. They talk of Islam and Unity among Muslims, but in the guise of uniting Muslims, they promote their political ideologies which are in sharp contrast with each other.
(5) Some people say that we should try to win hearts by embracing people from every segment of society. Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) has shown us the example by allowing all kinds of people to attend his gatherings and sermons and over a period of time they embraced Islam.
(6) Some people say that the Islamic history is a testimony that whichever sect was in power, they tried to impose their sectarian notions on the entire Ummah. Shias did the same thing; Fatimids did the same thing; Muatazillites did the same thing and Salafis are doing the same thing for the past 100 years. When Salafis came to power, they destroyed the pious graves of Sahabah, built public toilet on the house of Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) and erased all traces of Islam from Arabian Peninsula in the name of purification of Islam. They created an Idol Sky God for themselves and are involved in its worships leaving the real teachings of Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ). They removed thousands Ahadith from authentic books of Ahadith and changed the meanings of Quran by publishing Noble Quran. In short, they have successfully hijacked Islam away from the straight path shown by Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ). If we do not tell people what is Sahih Iman and Sahih Islam even at this late stage, real Islam will be lost for ever and future generations of Muslims will become like Jews and Christians who have changed their religions completely.
MAJOR DIVISIONS OF MUSLIMS
It is in Hadith - It is narrated on the authority of Abd Allah ibn Amr (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said that the (Muslim) Ummah will divide into seventy-three groups; all of them will enter Hell except one, namely, the one that follows the way of the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ), and that of his companions. (Tirmidhi).It is in Hadith - Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said: “Jews got divided into seventy one groups and Christians got divided into seventy two groups and my nation will get divided into seventy three groups. All the groups will enter the Hell except one. They asked: “Allah’s Messenger ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) which one is it? He replied: “Those who will remain on the path on which I and my companions are today” (Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah, Ahmad).
(i) It is important to note that among three basic divisions of Muslims there are 73 major Sects, as mentioned in Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) above Ahadith. However, these 73 sects have been divided into hundreds of Sub Groups and these sub groups are still increasing at a rapid pace.(ii) The Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) Ahadith clearly specify that out of 73 sects, there is only one Group who is on the right path of Islam.(iii) The condition specified in the above Ahadith is that the Group which is on the straight path of Islam cannot have Sub Groups. Because, a Group which is divided into many sub groups cannot be on the straight path of Islam. From the beginning, till the end, this group will be on the straight path of Islam.(iv) We have earlier discussed that Salafis and Shias have hundreds of Sub Groups in the world and whose beliefs are radically different from each other to an extent that they call each other as Kafirs. Therefore, it is obvious that they cannot be on the straight path of Islam.
EARLIER GROUPS(1) Makhamahs,(2) Najdaatis,(3) Thu'aalabahs,(4) Ajaaridahs,(5) Zariqahs,(6) Abaadhiyyas(7) Safriyyas(8) Ash-Sharaahs(9) Khamariyyas,(10) Huooriyyas(11) Shyaybiyyas(12) Ibaathiyyas,(13) Shamraakhiyyas,(14) Salaydiyyahs,(15) Sirriyyahs,(16) Azriyyahs,(17) Ajradiyyahs,(18) Shakkiyyas,(19) Fadhaliyyahs,(20) Bayhasiyyahs,(21) Atwiyyahs,(22) Fadeekiyyahs,(23) Jadiyyahs,CURRENT GROUPS(24) Ibadi Salafis,(25) Nafusa Salafis,(26) Hinawis Salafis,(27) Ghaffiri Salafis,(28) Mzabi Salafis,(29) Jerba Salafis,(30) Modernist or Neo Salafis(31) Madkhali, or Super Salafis,(32) Conventional or Najdi or Wahhabi Salafis,(33) Jihadi Salafis,(34) Qutubi Salafis,(35) Laskar Jihad Salafis (followers of Ja'far Umar Talib),(36) Al-Bani Salafis,(37) Academic Salafis,(38) GSPC Algerian Salafis,(39) Murji Salafis,(40) Talafi Salafis,(41) Ma'ribi Salafis,(42) Hizbi Salafis,(43) Khariji Salafis,(44) Takfiri Salafis,(45) Nasibi Salafis,(46) Ghloovi Salafis,(47) Qawmi Salafis,(48) Taqleedi Salafis,(49) Asabi Salafis,(50) Nation of Islam Salafis,(51) Ahle Hadith Salafis,(52) Deo Bandi Salafis,(53) Nadwatul Ulema Salafis,(54) Ilyasi Salafis or Tabhlighee Salafis,(55) Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Salafis,(56) Jamiat-e-Ulema Hind Salafis,(57) Millat-e-Islamia Salafis,(58) Israri Salafis or Tanzeem-e-Islami Salafis,(59) Islahi Salafis, (followers of Amin Islahi 1904-97)(60) Ikhwan-ul-Muslimeen Salafis,(61) Jamaah Islamiya Salafis,(62) Darul Islam Salafis(63) Jam'iya al-Salafiya al-Mujahida Salafis(64) Islamic Salvation Front Salafis(65) Maududi Salafis or Jamat-e-Islami Salafis,(66) Ansar As-Sunnah Salafis,(67) Tehrik-e-Taaliban Salafis,(68) Zaakiri Salafis or IRF Salafis (followers of Zakir Naik),(69) Jama't-ud-Dawa Salafis,(70) Lashkar-e-Taiba Salafis,(71) Nabhani Salafis or Hizb ut-Tahreer Salafis,(72) Jamiyya Salafis,(73) Invitation to Paradise Salafis(74) Hussami Salafis (Followers of Aqil Hussami),(75) Ta'meer-e-Millat Salafis,
(76) Tafweedi Salafis,(77) Sahwi Salafis, etc.(78) Islamist Salafis,(79) Tauseefi Salafis (followers of Tauseefur Rahman)(80) Pathless Salafis (Non Arabs living in Saudi Arabia)(81) Athari Salafis,(82) Jamat-ul-Muslimeen Salafis,(83) Guraba-e-Ahle-Hadith Salafis,(84) Thanaiyah Salafis,(85) Al-Maqdisi Salafis,(86) At-Tawheed wal Jihad Salafis,(87) Al-Wala' wal Bara Salafis,(88) Mean Green Salafis,(89) Almost Salafis,(90) Yemeni Salafis,(91) Kung Fu Salafis,(92) Bidda Salafis,(93) Red Beard Salafis,(94) Blood Salafis,(95) Maxican Salafis,(96) Jordanian Salafis,(97) Canadian True blue Salafis,(98) Sipah-e-Sahabah Salafis,(99) Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Salafis,(100) Harakat-e-Inqilab-e-Islami Salafis,(101) Harakat-ul-Ansar Salafis,(102) Hizb-ul-Mujahideen Salafis,(103) Counterfeit Salafis,(104) Al-Shabab Salafis,(105) Jund Ansar Allah Salafis,(106) Jaysh Al-Islam Salafis,(107) Jaysh Al-Umma Salafis,(108) Nour Salafis,(109) Freedom and Justice Salafis,(110) Deobandi Army of Islam Salafis,(111) International Islamic Front Salafis,
(112) Freedom and Justice Salafis,(113) Student Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) Salafis,(114) Jamiat-ul-Hekma Salafis,(115) Al-Ehsan Salafis,(116) Al-Sururi Salafis, (followers of Al-Sururi)(117) Islamic Heritage Restoration Salafis,(118) Islah Salafis,(119) Al-Ahdi Salafis (followers of Faysl Al-Ahdi)(120) Muqbil Salafis, (followers of Muqbil Al-Wadi)(121) Independent Yemeni Salafis,(122) Kuwaiti Islamists Salafis,(123) Purists Indonesian Salafis,(124) Partai Keadilan Sejahtera (PKS), Salafis,(125) Darul Islam Salafis,(126) Jemaah Islamia Salafis,(127) Strict Indonesian Salafis,(128) Wahda Islamiyya Salafis,(129) Mohammadiyah Salafis,(130) Persatuan Islam (Persis) Salafis,(131) Al-Irsyad Salafis,(132) Dewan Dakwah Islam Indonesia (DDII) Salafis,(133) Mutamar al-Alam al-Islami Salafis,(134) Rabithah al-Alam al-Islami Salafis,(135) LIPIA Salafis,(136) Pesantren Salafis,(137) Nida Salafis (followers of Abu Nida)(138) FKASWJ (Forum Komunikasi ASWJ) Salafis(139) Al-Sofwa Salafis,(140) At-Turots Salafis,(141) IREF Indian Salafis,(142) Kumpula Muhahidin Malaysia (KMM) Salafis,(143) Parti Se-Islam Malaysia (PAS) Salafis,(144) Brotherhood of Inner Power (Al-Maunah) Salafis,(145) Darul Islam Nusantara Salafis,(146) ABIM Malaysian Salafis,(147) Al-Arqam Salafis,(148) Reformasi Salafis,(149) Islamic Algerian Salafis,(150) Sayyafi Salafis (followers of Abu Sayyaf),(151) Moro Islamic Liberation Front Salafis,(152) Australian Salafis,(153) Al-Muhajiroun Salafis,(154) UK Saved Sect Salalfis(155) UK Al-Ghuraba Salafis,(156) Takfiri Algerian Salafis,(157) Jam'iyyah Ihyaa Turaath Al-Islami Salafis,(158) Jam'iyyah Ihyaa Minhaj as-Sunnah Salafis,(159) Salafi Publications (OASIS) Salafis,(160) Tajik Salafis,(161) Al-Ansar Tabhlighee Salafis,(162) Jamiatul Ansar Salafis,(163) Harakatul Mujahideen Salafis,(164) Harakatul Jihad al-Islami (Huji) Salafis, etc.Some of the above groups like Ibadis, Deobandis, Tabhlighees, Maududis, Islahis etc., try to maintain their independent identity, even though their beliefs are heavily influenced by Wahhabi/Salafi teachings.
It is in Hadith - Reported by Hadhrat Abu Naim (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) in his book titled 'Huliya'. Hazrat Abu Umana Bahili (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrates that Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said ‘Before Qiyamah, they ( the misguided sects and their sub groups) will spread and attack bitterly like the small and large insects and whosoever witnesses this period must seek refuge in Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) (Huliya).
The above Hadith clearly states that, among the misguided groups like Salafis and their like minded, some will be very large and some will be small and they will attack the Iman (Aqeedah) of Muslims from all over the world. It is very difficult to sustain their poisonous bites (Da'wa). We seek Allah's (سبحانہ و تعا لی) refuge from their misleading Da'wa.
It is in Hadith - Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ): Allah's Apostle ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said, "A time will come that the best property of a Muslim will be sheep which he will take on the top of mountains and the places of rainfall (valleys) so as to flee with his religion (Islamic Faith) from afflictions." (Bukhari - Book #2, Hadith #18)
The above Hadith indeed signifies our time when it is extremely difficult for Muslims to protect their Sahih Iman from the Da'wa campaigns of misguided Salafis and their like minded groups.
SHIA GROUPSThere are hundreds of Shia Groups in the world. Information on these groups is available on internet and other resources. Prominent among them are as follows.(1) Tafdheeliyah Shias, (2) Tabarraiyyah Shias, (3) Ghullat Shias, (4) Sabaaiyyah Shias, (5) Mufaddhaliyyah Shias, (6) Sarrghiyyah Shias or Sareefiyyah Shias, (7) Bazeeghiyyah Shias, (8) Kaamiliyyah Shias, (9) Mughiriyyah Shias, (10) Janaahiyyah Shias, (11) Bayaaniyyah Shias, (12) Mansuriyyah Shias, (13) Ghamaamiyyah Shias, (14) Imaamiyyah Shias, (15) Tafweedhiyyah Shias, (16) Khattabiyyah Shias, (17) Ma'mariyyah Shias, (18) Gharaabiyyah Shias, (19) Thababiyyah Shias, (20) Thammiyyah Shias, (21)Ithnaiyyah Shias, (22) Khamsiyyah Shias, (23) Naseeriyyah Shias, (24) Ishaaqiyyah Shias, (25) Ghalbaaniyyah Shias, (26) Razaamiyyah Shias, (27) Muqnaiyyah Shias, (28) Kisaaniyyah Shias, (29) Kuraibiyyah Shias, (30) Ishaaqiyyah Shias, (31) Harbiyyah Shias, (32) Abbaasiyyah Shias, (33) Tayyaariyyah Shias (34) Mukhtariyyah Shias, (35) Zaidiyyah Shias, (36) Jaardawiyyah Shias, (37)Jareeriyyah Shias, (38) Al - Ghamiyyah Shias, (39) Daqniyyah Shias, (40) Khashbiyyah Shias, (41) Ya'qubiyyah Shias, (42) Saalihiyyah Shias, (43) Husainiyyah Shias, (44) Nafsiyyah Shias, (45) Hukmiyyah Shias or Hishaamiyyah Shias, (46) Saalimiyyah Shias or Jawaaleeqqiyyah Shias, (47) Nu'maaniyyah Shias, (48) Zaraariyyah Shias, (49) Yunusiyyah Shias, (50) Badaaiyyah Shias, (51) Mufawwidha Shias, (52) Haadhariyyah Shias, (53) Naadosiyyah Shias, (54) Amaariyyah Shias, (55) Mubaarakiyyah Shias, (56) Baatiniyyah Shias, (57) Qarmatiyyah Shias, (58) Shameetiyyah Shias, (59) Maiminiyyah Shias, (60) Khalfiyyah Shias, (61) Barqiyyah Shias, (62) Janaabiyyah Shias, (63) Sab'eeyyah Shias, (64) Mahdawiyyah Shias, (65) Musta'liyyah Shias, (66) Nazaariyyah Shias, (67) Aftahiyyah Shias, (68) Ishaaqiyyah Shias, (69) Qat'iyyah Shias, (70) Musawiyyah Shias, (71) Mutwariyyah Shias, (72) Rajiyyah Shias, (73) Ithna Ashriyyah Shias (74) Ja'fariyyah Shias, (75) Nizariyyah Shias, (76) Ismailliyah Shias, (77) Agh Khaniyyah Shias, (78) Dawoodi Bohra Shias, (79) Kaysaniyyah Shias, (80) Khoja Shias, (81) Kamiliyyah Shias, (82) Ulayniyyah Shias, (83) Mughapriyyah Shias, (84) Mansuriyyah Shias, (85) Hatabiyyah Shias (86) Hashimiyyah Shias, (87) Numaniyyah Shias, or Sataniyyah Shias (88) Kanahiyyah Shias, (89) Zarramiyyah Shias, (90) Mufavizzah Shias, (91) Badaniyyah Shias, (92) Banaiyyah Shias, (93) Salahiyyah Shias, (94) Sulaymaniyyah Shias, (95) Garrudiyyah Shias, (96) Bayaiyyah Shias, (97) Sulaimani Bohra Shias, (98) Alvi Bohra Shias, (99) Atba-e-Malak Shias, (100) Insa Asali Khoja Shias (101) Druziyyah Shias (102) Alevi Shias, (103) Asaib al-Haq Shias, (104) Hazara Shias, (105) Hezb-e-Wahdat Shias, (106) Harkat-e-Islam Shias, (107) Qaramita Shias, (108) Musta'ali Shias, (109) Tayyibi Sihas, (110) Jaffan Bohra Shias, (111) Habitahs Bohra Shias, (112) Progressive Dawoodi Bohra Shias, (113) Akhbari Shias, (114) Usuli Shias, (115) Shaykhi Shias, (116) Alawi Shias, (117) Ghaliya Shias, (118) Hizbullah Shias, etc.AHLE SUNNAH WAL JAMA'A OR SUNNIS
As per Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'at, they are real Muslims and true followers of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) (meaning - Ahle Sunnah), and in continuation they also follow 4 Khulafa-e-Rashideen (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین ) (meaning - Jama'at). This is the reason they are known as Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'a. Their distinctive features are as follows.
(1) In the issues of fiqh, they follow the interpretations of 4 Imams of Islamic Jurisprudence, Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Maalik, Imam Shaffi'i and Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, as most authentic.
No sect or individual in the Islamic history so far has questioned the Islamic faith of the above 4 Imams of Fiqh. Meaning, all 4 Imams are authentic teachers of Islam.
Therefore, the Muslim Ummah is united that whoever follows any of the Imams of fiqh, is on the right path of Islam.
Zakir Naik, in an interview to QTV said that the 4 Imams of fiqh are over 97 per cent united in their rulings on Islamic Jurisprudence which is based on Quran and Sunnah. Their differences of opinion on interpreting certain Islamic deeds are less than 3 %. He said he respects all 4 Imams as authentic teachers of Islam. However, while accepting this fact, he tried to discredit the great Imams in the eyes of innocent Muslims.
(2) The basic Islamic creed (Iman) is the essential part of Islamic fiqh. Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'a believe in the teachings of the above 4 Imams of Fiqh in Islamic faith. As a matter of fact, the famous Imams of theology; Imam Ash'ari, Imam Mathuridhi and Imam Tahawi essentially were the followers of the above Imams of Fiqh.
(3) With the above facts in view, it is established that the followers of Imams of Fiqh who are known as Hanafi, Maaliki, Shafi'i and Hanbali are not different Groups. Rather they follow different teachers / jurists within the Group of Ahle Sunnah wal Jama'a. We are positive that this fact cannot be disputed by anyone in the world.
As against the above, the Salafi Groups have disregarded all the 4 Imams. In the Book of Judgments from Al-Insaaf, Ibn Taymiyyah said - "He who makes it compulsory to follow an Imam, then his repentance is sought and if he does not repent then he is killed.".
Salafis encourage Muslims to study Quran and Ahadith books independently and deduce Islamic rules on their own. They also ask people to judge Imams' rulings independently and reject their rulings if they find fault in them. We do not understand how can an ordinary person, who does not know much about the religion, can evaluate the work of the greatest teachers of Islam? Even to understand an Imam's ruling and become an authentic Mufti who gives opinions on Islamic issues, one has to emulate the great Imams and spend his life time under the guidance of great Islamic teachers. Indeed, what Ibn Taymiyyah did was an effective ploy to deviate Muslims from the authentic Islamic teachings.
Salafis also changed the concept of oneness of God (Tawheed). They have created an Idol Sky God who sits in the skies, separated from his creatures.Salafis mention a Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) Hadith which says that 'Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) created Adam (علیھ السلا م ) on his image. They misinterpret this Hadith and say that since Adam (علیھ السلا م ) has a face, eyes, hands, foot, therefore Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) is a big human being and others are small human beings. (La haula wala Quwwata Illa Billah)It is in Quran - 'Nothing is like Him' (Ash-Shu'ra - 11).They also mention a Hadith (Muslim and Muatta) that, when Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) asked a slave girl where is Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ), she replied 'in the sky' and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) did not say anything. They also misinterpret many other Quranic verses and Ahadith to confine Allah's ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) Unity (Zaat) into a Human-like body and try to limit Him into the skies.When someone says that Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) is in Skies, does it mean that He is only in skies and not on planets or anywhere else? Read the following Quranic verses.
It is in Quran - وَهُوَ الَّذِي فِي السَّمَاءِ إِلَـٰهٌ وَفِي الْأَرْضِ إِلَـٰهٌ ۚ وَهُوَ الْحَكِيمُ الْعَلِيمُ- (Meaning - It is He, Who is Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) in skies and Allah( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) on Earth; and He is full of Wisdom and Knowledge. (Az-Zukhruf - 84).It is in Quran - Allah( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) is the light (existence) of the Skies and Earth’. (An-Noor -35).It is in Quran - He is the First, and the Last, He is the Manifest (apparent) and the Immanent (actually present through out the material world) and is knower of all things’. (Al-Hadeed – 3).It is in Quran - Whichever side you turn, you will find Allah (SWT); Verily ( in truth ) Allah – ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) is Omnipresent (existing everywhere every moment) and Omniscient ( infinitely wise ). ( Al-Baqra – 115 ).It is in Quran - Transcendent (magnificent) is your Lord, the Lord of All-Greatness, far above what they ascribe to Him (As-Saafaat - 180).Salafis follow Athari (textualist) School of thought in Islamic Jurisprudence. Nobody knows about the origins of this school of thought and nobody knows who was the Imam of this school of thought. This school of thought seems to be the brain child of some misguided scholars like Ibn Taymiyyah and his students and intellectual heirs. Salafis claim that Imam Ahmad was the follower of this school of thought. (Astaghfirullah). It is indeed a slander on this great Imam.
Similarly, Shias do not follow the above 4 Imams. They follow different schools of thought in Fiqh.
(4) There are certain Groups of Muslims like Ilyasi Salafis (Tabhlighee Salafis), Deobandi Salafis and Maududi Salafis (Jamat-e-Islami Salafis) who claim that since they follow Imam Abu Hanifa, they should be categorized as Ahle Sunnah. This claim on their part is false in view of the following facts.(a) They accept Ibn Taymiyyah as authentic scholar of Islam and always refer his statements, Fatawas and books in their articles. They also accept all Salafi Scholars, upto Uthaymin, Al-Bani and Ibn Baz.
(b) They all claim Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) is physically sitting on the skies. They all do not celebrate Milad and oppose Ahle Sunnah wal Jama'a in their practices of visiting of Muslim graves and many other issues.
(c) Their united stand is that the Green Dome of Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) should be destroyed and three graves should be flattened to earth.(d) They support Saudis' action of converting Prophet Mohammad( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) house in Makka into a Public Toilet for use by millions of people, 24 hours of the day.(e) They support removal of authentic Ahadith from Ahadith books of Imam Bukhari, Muslim and others. They consider Al-Bani, who has changed the entire Hadith literature of Islam, as great Islamic Scholar.(f) They accept the translation of Quran titled "Noble Quran" done by Salafis as authentic.(g) There are some differences of opinion among them, therefore, sometimes they differ with each other on some fiqh issues. But overall, their basic faith is heavily influenced by Salafi beliefs.(h) Tabhlighees, Deobandies, Jamat-e-Islami and the like minded groups race with each other to humiliate the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ). Their Akabir Ulema are notoriously famous in insulting the Prophet of Islam ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ). Read their statements in their books given in the following link.
(5) Like Ilyasi Salafis, Deobandi Salafis and Maududi Salafis, etc., there is another group of Babas, Maulanas and Godmen who call themselves Ahle Sunnah wal Jama'a. This Group consists of sorcerers, hypnotists who are good at "vision hold juggling", mantras, spiritual gimmicks and witch craft in the name of Sufi healing. The followers of this group have no relationship with Islam whatsoever. Certain Muslim individuals also learn these evil techniques and claim that they are Sufis.
It is observed that people belonging to all Muslim sects approach these people for quick fix solutions to their day to day problems.
These so called Sufi Babas and Godmen perform sorcery and witch Crafts in great secrecy, therefore, it is generally not known who is approaching them for help. We advise our brothers and sisters never to get in touch with these Sufi Babas and so called Maulanas because they take the assistance of evil spirits in their witch craft.
(6) The Islamic Shariah is amply elaborated in the rulings of our 4 Imams of Fiqh. A person who does not accept or care about Islamic Sharia, cannot be regarded as Sufi. In Islam, the basis of Tasawwuf is Shariah.
Some groups equate Tasawwuf with mysticism theories of Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, etc., and say that it is possible to be close to Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) from outside the ambiance of Islamic Sharia. These are all futile talk. Therefore, followers of Vilayat Khan /Inayat Khan Group and like minded, cannot be regarded as Sufis or Ahle Sunnah because they have separated themselves from Islamic Sharia.
(7) Deobandis, Tabhlighees, etc., claim that they also follow the great traditions of Sufism and identify themselves with Silsila-e-Ashrafia which is associated with Ashraf Ali Thanvi.Who is Ashraf Ali Thanvi? They refer to him as Hakim-ul-Ummah and there is a Sufi Silsilah called "Silsila-e-Ashrifia" attributed with him.
Let us see what Ashraf Ali Thanvi has written in his book 'Risala Imdad, page 34-35, Imdad Al-Mataab'e, Thana Bhavan publication.QUOTE - It is 'Satisfactory and consoling' to say ' La Ilaha Illallah - Ashraf Ali Rasulullah' and 'Allahumma Salle Ala Sayyedina Wa Nabi'eena Ashraf Ali', and there is nothing wrong in saying this. UNQUOTE (Lahaula wala quwwata illah billah). Watch this video reference.
The above statement of Ashraf Ali Thanvi is similar in nature with Mirza Gulam Ahmad Qadiyani (1835-1908), who claimed himself to be a Nabi. His followers are known as Qadiyanis or Ahmadiyya who were declared as Non-Muslims in 1974 by Pakistani Parliament.In his book Hifzul Iman, page 7 Ashraf Ali Thanvi wrote "The type of knowledge of Unseen given by Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) to Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) is also given to animals, lunatics humans and children. (Astaghfirullah).
When you question Deobandis, Tabhlighees and their like minded about these beliefs, they will give 4-6 page explanations to convince you that Ashraf Ali Thanvi did not mean what is 'so explicitly and clearly' written by him in his books.Like Ibn Taymiyyah who claimed himself to belong to Qadri Silsila, Deobandis and Tabhlighees also claim that they are also Qadris, Chistees, Naqshbandis and Suharwardis, all in one. Their claims are false because Ashraf Ali Thanvi and other Scholars of Deoband are famous for their disrespect of Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) and Sahabah. In addition, they believe in Sky Idol God theory. Read their shocking beliefs on the following location.(8) We have noticed many groups on internet whose members belong to all kinds of faiths. They never try to learn or even discuss basic faith of Islam or follow the Imams of Fiqh, but do talk a lot about Sufism and Sufi Shaikhs. They call themselves Chishtia Groups, Naqshbandia Groups, etc., and claim they are Ahle Sunnah. These groups have taken themselves away from Islam. The reason is simple. Tasawwuf which is not based on Islamic Sharia is not Islam, therefore, these groups cannot be regarded as Sufis and their claim of affiliation with Chishti or Naqshbandi orders is false. What they practice is out of the purview of Islam. They have completely misunderstood Sufi teachings. Read the history of all Sufi Shaikhs of Islam, they were Muslims, Awliya Allah and they followed Imams of fiqh in faith and Islamic Sharia.
(9) Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'a are united that among many authentic books of Ahadith, there are six most authentic books written by Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Nasai, Imam Abu Dawood, and Imam Ibn Maaja.
Salafis do not believe in the above Imams or other scholars of Ahadith. They claim that the books of above Imams contain concocted (Maudhu) and Da'ef Ahadith. They claim that Al-Bani has removed falsehood from these books of Ahadith. Therefore, they will accept only those Ahadith that have been approved (read altered) by Al-Bani.
The above claim constitutes that Salafis have, in effect, rejected all Imams of Ahadith, in addition to all Imams of Fiqh, and they will believe only in what Salafi scholars have taught them.
With the above undeniable facts, it is very easy for our readers to decide, if Salafi Groups are real Muslims or not. For further reading, please visit the following locations.
Similar is the case with Shia Groups. They rejected Khulfa-e-Rashideen (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین ) as wrong doers. They claim Quran in its present form is not true as Sahabah have changed its verses. They have also formed separate schools of thought in Fiqh.
(10) As per the Hadith if Ihsan, there are three stages in Islam; (i) Iman, (ii) Islam, and (iii) Ihsan. Iman is to believe in Islamic faith; Islam means performance of Islamic deeds. Both these issues have been covered when one follows the anyone of the 4 Imams of Fiqh.
What is Ihsan? Performance of Islamic deeds with utmost sincerity of heart. The sincerity in doing Islamic deeds was taught to us by Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and his 4 rightful Caliphs (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین ). The training in sincerity of heart is known as Tazkia Nafs (reformation of anima). Islam has seen great teachers in Tazkia Nafs; all of whom learned these skills from the rightful Caliphs, particularly from Hadhrat Abu Bakr (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) and Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ). These Tazkia Nafs techniques were later known as Tariqas which were identified with the names of their Shuyooks, like Qadri, Chistee, Naqshbandi, Suharwardi, Shazuli, etc.
It is important to note that all the great Shuyooks of Tareeqa (Sufi orders) in Islam were essentially the followers of 4 Imams of Fiqh in Islamic faith and practices. Since they specialized in Islamic theology and were famous for tazkia Nafs, their followers were known by their names.
Thus, Qadris, Chishtees, Naqshbandis, etc., are not separate Groups. They are the followers of Tazkia Nafs teachers within Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaat.
(11) Salafis and their like minded groups criticize that certain practices of Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'a; like visiting the graves of Muslims, Celebrating Milad-un-Nabi, etc., are wrong. We have provided more than 100 Ahadith and Quranic verses in this context and have proved in the light of Quran and Ahadith that what Salafis say is wrong and concocted notions which have nothing to do with Islam. Read this information on the following locations on our Website.CONCLUSION
(i) With the above facts in view, it is proved beyond doubt that Ahle Sunnah wal Jama'a is the only group who are on the right path of Islam. Their Islamic Faith is correct and they stand a good chance of salvation in Hereafter.(ii) However, Ahle Sunnah need a lot of improvement in their attitude and Islamic deeds. We have summed up major problems of this group at the following location on our Website. Do read them.(iii) As far as the concept of peaceful and progressive co-existence in the world is concerned, it is mandatory on all of us to live in peace and harmony. We should never wish bad for others, we should never try to hurt others, physically or mentally and we should spread the message of love not only among Muslim sects, but among people of various faiths.
(iv) As far as Unity among Muslims sects is concerned, the only way is we should all come back to the straight path of Islam. This will not only bond us together in this world but also will be helpful for our salvation in Hereafter. Let us be united in this world as well united in Jannah (Paradise). Why not we try to achieve both these objectives?It is in Quran - ذَٰلِكَ يُوعَظُ بِهِ مَن كَانَ مِنكُمْ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ [Meaning - (Whatever is being told, the objective of it is) To admonish a person who believes in Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) and on the Day of of Judgment]. (Al-Baqara - 232).It is in Quran - يُؤْتِي الْحِكْمَةَ مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَمَن يُؤْتَ الْحِكْمَةَ فَقَدْ أُوتِيَ خَيْرًا كَثِيرًا ۗ وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلَّا أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ [Meaning - Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) rewards wisdom to whosoever He likes. And whoever is rewarded with wisdom, has received abundant virtue. And only those who are endowed with wisdom, receive guidance and right direction. (Al-Baqara - 269).