According to one of their unIslamic doctrines, Qadianis are to believe that hazrat Muhammad(SAW) appeared on this earth twice. His first advent occurred, during the sixth century of the Christian era, in Arabia when he received the Holy Quran. During his second advent, Qadianis claims, he appeared in the more perfect form of Mirza Ghulam Qadiani in India (God forbid)! Qadianis try to explain this reincarnation via the use of the words "broozi" (incarnation) or "Zilli" (shady/shadow). They claim that somehow an improved spiritual and intellectual version of hazrat Muhammad(SAW) was given to Mirza Ghulam Qadiani (God forbid) via the "miracle" of reincarnation, so that he could perfect Islam!
Since Mirza Ghulam, among his many contradictory and unIslamic statements, claimed to be the same prophet (only better) as Muhammad(SAW), Qadiani leaders did not see the need to change their Kalima. Also, claiming to be the same prophet returned to life, Mirza Ghulam suggested he had the authority to change the Islamic Sharia, reinterpret the Holy Quran, reject any Hadith that contradicted his claims, suggest that praises of hazrat Muhammad(SAW) in the Holy Quran were actually intended for him (Mirza), and declare all the followers of hazrat Muhammad(SAW) Kafir (God forbid). In effect, he canceled the religion and prophethood of hazrat Muhammad(SAW) and laid the foundation for a new religion with the same name and Kalima as Islam!
In this article, we will present some quotes from Qadiani writings testifying to all these facts. Please pay close attention to the great contrast between Mirza Ghulam's early and later writings: He slowly transformed from claiming to be a Muslim to being a disbeliever. Please note how Mirza Ghulam, at times, appears to be praising Muhammad(SAW), but immediately he directs all the praise to himself, by claiming to be the very object of his praises!
1. Mirza Praises Muhammad(SAW)
2. Claim to being Muhammad Brought to Life
3. Claim to being as Blessed as Muhammad
4. Demand for Durood upon Mirza
5. Claim to being Superior to Muhammad
6. Claim to Having Received Revelations
7. Claim to having a New Shariah
8. New Qadiani Kalima is Born
9. Religion of Muhammad declared Dead and Satanic
10. Claim to being The Last Prophet
11. Prophethood of Muhammad Declared Abrogated
12. Followers of Muhammad declared Kafir
- "I believe in all the items of faith as prescribed by the Sunni School of Islam and I accept everything that is according to the Quran and Hadith. I fully subscribe to the doctrine that Muhammad is the last of all Prophets, and that any claimant to Prophethood after him is an impostor and a Kafir. It is my belief that the revelations of Prophethood started with Adam and closed with the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)".
(Majmuha-Estaharet, P. 230-231; Tableegh-i-Risalat, Vol 2, Page 20 -
Also appeared in a Qadiani poster dated Oct 2, 1891; 20 Shaaban, 1313 A.H.)
- "I consider that man who rejects the doctrine of Last Prophethood is a disbeliever and outside the pale of Islam."
(Tableegh-i-Risalat, Vol 2, Page 44 -
Also read out in Congregation of Jama Masjid, Dehli, Oct. 23, 1891)
We also do believe that the person who rejects the fundamental doctrine of the Finality of Prophethood is outside the fold of Islam. Mirza Ghulam made these statements early in his career, when he was begging Muslims for financial support for his projects. As we shall see, he changed his stance when he was no longer dependent on the support of the Muslim Ummah.
- "In this revelation "Mohammadur Rasoolullah wal lazeena m'ahoo, ashiddao 'al alkuffare rohamao bainahum" (Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves [Quran 48:29]), I (Mirza Ghulam) have been named Muhammad as well as the Messenger of Allah."
(Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 18, P. 207; Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, P. 3/4; Rabwah, 3rd Edition)
[Read: Other Verses of Quran Mirza Claimed to be Praises intended for himself]
- "I have told so many times that according to the verse "Wa Akhareen Menhom" (Along with others of them...) - in the incarnate form, I am the same last of the Prophets. Twenty two years ago, God named me in Braheen-e-Ahmadia Muhammad and Ahmad and declared that I am the entity of the Holy Prophet(SAW)."
(Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 18, P. 212; Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, P. 1/8)
- "And Know that just as our Holy Prophet(SAW) was sent in the fifth thousand (the 6th century A.D.), in the same manner he was sent in the sixth thousand (the 13th century A.D.) in the incarnation of the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam Qadiani)."
(Khutba-e-Ilhamiah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 16, P. 270; Khutba-e-Ilhamiah, P. 180, 1st Edition, Qadian, 1902)
- "The Holy Prophet(SAW) had two advents. In other words, you may say that one mission was in the reincarnated form. It was promised that the Holy prophet(SAW) would be sent to the world once again and this was fulfilled by the advent of the Promised Messiah and the promised Mehdi (i.e. Mirza Ghulam)."
(Tuhfah-e-Golravia, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 17, P. 249;Tuhfah-e-Golravia, P. 94, 1st Edition, Qadian, 1902)
- "Maseeh Mowud (The Promised Messiah) is not a separate thing from holy Prophet(pbuh), but it is he himself who has come again in this world in incarnated form..... Therefore is there any doubt that God has reincarnated Muhammad again in Qadian?"
(Kalimat-ul-Fasl, P.104-105, Review of Religions, Qadian, March 1915)
- "Thus does any doubt remain that God has sent Muhammad (pbuh) again in Qadian to fulfill his promise?"
(Kalimat-ul-Fasl by Mirza Basheer Ahmad, Review of Religions, P.105, No.3, Vol.14)
- "Blessed is the head of the 14th century whence he descended like the moon through darkness. Muhammad has now come reincarnated as Ahmad Mujtaba (Mirza Ghulam) to help the (Muslim) Ummah. The reality of the rebirth became manifest to me when the Mirza declared to be Mustafa (Muhammad) incarnate."
(Al-Fadl, May 28, 1928, Qadian)
These statements shed light on one of the differences between Qadianism and Islam: while Islam rejects the concept of reincarnation, Qadianism seems to have embraced it. After making various statements and realizing that his claims to prophethood were easily dismissed by Muslims, Mirza Ghulam sought refuge in various, often conflicting, venues; one of these relied on the Hindu mystic concept of "reincarnation". Using this strategy, the Mirza of Qadian was hoping to find gullible Indian Muslims who would accept his novel strategy of circumventing the doctrine of Finality of Prophethood by claiming to be a reincarnation of hazrat Muhammad(SAW).
- "When I am the holy Prophet incarnate and when all the accomplishments of Muhammad along with his prophethood are reflected, by the incarnate manner, on the mirror of my shadiness, then where is that man who had claimed to be a prophet in a separate capacity?"
(Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 18, P. 212; Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, P. 8/10)
- The person who makes a difference between me and the Mustafa has neither seen me nor recognized me."
(Khutba-e-Ilhamiah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 16, P. 259; Khutba-e-Ilhamiah, P. 171)
- "Owing to total resemblance, no difference, whatsoever, existed between the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam) and the holy prophet(SAW), so much so that even the personalities of the two are virtually one and the same. Mirza of Qadian has himself said: 'His(SAW) person has become my Person'."
(Khutba-e-Ilhamiah, P. 171)
- "The entity of the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam), in the sight of Allah, is the entity of the holy Prophet(SAW). In other words, in the records of Allah there is no difference or conflict between the Promised Messiah and the holy Prophet(SAW). Rather they both share the same honor, the same rank, the same status, and the same name. Although verbally they are two, yet in reality, they are one and the same."
(Al-Fadl, Vol. 3, No. 37, September 16, 1915; Qadiani Religion, P. 207/275, Lahore, 9th Edition)
- "In the previous article published in Al-Fadl, dated 16th September 1915, by the grace of Allah, I have proved that the promised Messiah (Mirza of Qadian) stands for the entity of the holy Prophet(SAW), in the matter of name, work, advent, place and status. Or in other words, you may say that just as the holy prophet(SAW) was sent in the fifth thousand (of the worlds), in the same way, he has now been incarnated in the Promised Messiah along with his entire accomplishments."
(Al-Fadl, October 28, 1915; Qadiani Religion, P. 209, Lahore, 9th Edition)
- "Every messenger was granted accomplishments and perfections according to his capacity and performance in varying degrees, but the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam) was granted prophethood when he had attained all the accomplishments of the Prophethood of Muhammad(SAW) and was qualified to be called a shadow prophet. Thus, this shadow prophethood did not make the steps of the Promised Messiah lagg behind, but it pushed them forward to such an extent that it brought him on equal footing with the holy Prophet(SAW)."
(Kalimat-ul-Fasl, P. 113, by Mirza Basheer Ahmad Qadiani)
These beliefs of the Qadianis would be very amusing, if they were not so blasphemous in nature. The Mirza of Qadian who had not memorized the holy Quran, did not live according to the sharia of Islam, and used to devour Zakat, live in luxury, utter profanity, break promises, make false prophecies, consume alcohol, and use drugs claimed to be on the same footing as (God Forbid) the holy Prophet(SAW) of Islam! Did Mirza Ghulam expect us to forget about the humble, gentle, and selfless nature of the holy Prophet(SAW), the countless documented miracles (splitting the moon, bringing dead to life, ...) he had performed, and his prophecies and accept the baseless claims of the Mirza from Qadian?!
- "One of the objections of the ignorants is also this that the followers of this man (Mirza) apply on him the words ['alaihe assalato wa assalam] and to say this is Haraam. The answer to this is that I am the Promised Messiah, and leave aside the saying of Salaat and Salaam, holy Prophet himself said that he who finds him, convey his salaam to him; and in all Hadiths at hundreds of places Salaat-o-Salaam is mentioned for the Promised Messiah. When such words about me are said by The Prophet, Sahaba has said, rather God has said, then how can it be Haraam for my Jama'at to say such words for me."
(Arbain, Roohany Khazaen, Vol.17 P.349; Risala Durood Shareef, Arbain No.2 )
- "Thus according to the verse (of Quran) 'O people of the faith! Send your Salat on Him and salute Him with the Salutation (33:56) and according to those Hadiths in which there are instructions to send Durood on Holy Prophet pbuh, sending Durood on Hazrat Maseeh Mowud is just as necessary as it is on the holy Prophet pbuh."
(Risala Durood Shareef, by Mohd Ismael Qadiani, P.136)
It is true that the Holy Prophet(SAW) asked the Muslim Ummah to send Durood on Mahdi and Messiah when they arrive. However, he(SAW) also told his Ummah how to recognize the true Mahdi and Messiah (two different individuals) and warned us to be on the lookout for the impostors who will claim to be these individuals. The fact is that Mirza Ghulam did not match any of the prophecies and did not deserve to receive any form of Durood.
- "The various accomplishments which were bestowed upon all other Prophets were concentrated in a greater degree in the holy prophet. All those accomplishments have been conferred on me through the holy Prophet by means of the shadow system. That is why I bear the name of Adam, Ibrahim, Moses, Noah, Daud, Yousuf, Solaiman, Yahya, Jesus, etc. All the previous Prophets were incarnations of special attributes of the holy Prophet(SAW), but I am a reincarnation of all these special attributes of the holy Prophet.
(Malfoozat, Vol. 3, P. 270, Rabwah)
- "And Allah sent down upon me the bounty of the holy Prophet and made it perfect; and he drew towards me the kindness and generosity of the merciful Prophet, so that I became one with him. Thus, he who joins my group, joins the group of the companions (Sahaba) of my Leader, the best of messengers. It is not hidden from those who have the ability to think that this is what the words "Akhareen Menhom" (others of them) mean. The person who makes a difference between me and the Mustafa has neither seen me nor recognized me."
(Khutba-e-Ilhamiah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 16, P. 258-259; Khutba-e-Ilhamiah, P. 171)
- "Many Thrones descended from the heaven but thy throne has been placed the highest."
(Tadhkirah, P. 346/643, Second Edition - Mirza's "Revelation"; Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, P. 89)
- "One who denies that the mission of the Prophet(SAW) is related to the 6th thousand (13th century) as it was related to 5th thousand (6th century), denies the truth and the text of the Quran and is among the zalemeen (gone astray). The truth is that the spiritual power of the holy Prophet(SAW) at the end of the 6th thousand (13th century in Mirza Ghulam), i.e. these days, is much stronger, more complete and stronger than in those early years. Nay, it is like the fourteenth (moonlit) night (full moon)."
(Khutbah-e-Ilhamiah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 16, P. 271-272; Khutbah-e-Ilhamiah, P. 181)
- "For the holy Prophet, God showed only the sign of Eclipse of Moon; But for me he has shown the sign of Eclipse of both Moon and Sun (solar eclipse), thus will you disbelieve me. If his Kalaam (words) were a miracle, a sign, my Kalaam is also a miracle."
(Aijaz-e-Ahmadi, Roohany Khazaen, Vol.19, P.183; Aijaz-e-Ahmadi, P. 71/79)
- "And say, O People, I have come as a Prophet of Allah towards you all."
(Tadhkirah, P. 352, Fourth Edition, Mirza Ghulam's "revelations")
- "It is possible for a man to attain a spiritual position higher than any other man; if any man wishes, he can rise even above Muhammad(SAW)."
(Al-Fadl, July 17, 1922, by Mirza Mahmood Ahmad Qadiani)
- "[It is a fact that Muhammad(pbuh) worked only three thousand miracles...] My Miracles exceed one million in number."
(Tadhkirah tul Shahadatain, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 20, P. 43)
- "And Islam started like the crescent which was destined ultimately to become in the later ages the full moon (of the 14th night of the month), by the command of God. Thus, Allah's Wisdom willed that Islam should assume the form of the full moon in that century which should resemble the full moon by way of counting (i.e. in the 14th century)."
(Khutba-i-Ilhamiah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 16, P. 275; Khutba-i-Ilhamiah, P. 184/93)
- "The spiritual achievement of our holy prophet(SAW) took place during the 5th thousand (the Mekkan mission) with its brief attributes and that period was not the end of this spiritual achievement. It was rather the first step to the highest pinnacle of its perfection. Thereafter, this spiritual achievement manifested itself in its full glamour during the 6th thousand (the time of Mirza Ghulam)."
(Khutba-i-Ilhamiah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 16, P. 266; Khutba-i-Ilhamiah, P. 177)
- "It is worth remembering here that the Khutba-e-Ilhamiah (the inspired Address) is that Address which was conferred upon the Promised Messiah by God in the form of a miracle, as its name indicates. So this book should not be taken as an ordinary book, because every sentence of it has the characteristic of divine inspiration. Then, at Page 171 of this very book, hazrate aqdas (Mirza Ghulam) says:'He who makes a difference between me and the Mustafa has neither seen me nor recognized me.' Similarly it is written at page 181, 'He who denies that the mission of the Prophet(SAW) is related to the 6th thousand (13th century) as it was related to the 5th thousand (6th century), denies the truth and the text of the Quran. The truth is that the spiritual power of the holy Prophet(SAW) at the end of the 6th thousand, i.e. these days, is much stronger, more complete and stronger than in those early years'. It is clear from these references that the Promised Messiah was not a man of ordinary status. But, among the Ummah of Muhammad, in consideration of his rank, he surpassed all' (including hazrat Muhammad)."
(Kalimat-ul-Fasl, P. 130-131; Review of Religions, March-April 1915)
- "O dear ones, Our Imam in this world is Ghulam Ahmad in the "Darul Amaan" (house of security, Qadian).
Ghulam Ahmad is the Throne (Arsh) of the Great Lord (Rabbe Akbar).
This is as if his rest-house is situated in a place which knows no bounds (La Makan).
Ghulam Ahmad is the true Messenger of Allah (Rasul Allah).
He has been elevated with honor among mankind and Jinn.
Muhammad has been reincarnated among us; enhanced is he in his dignity and rank.
O Akmal, it anyone longs to see Muhammad, he should see Ghulam Ahmad in Qadian."
(Al-Badr, Vol. 2, No. 25, October 25, 1906; reprint in Paigham-us-Sulh, March 14, 1916)
- "The Mental development of the holy Messiah (Mirza of Qadian) was higher than that of the holy Prophet(SAW) ... This is only a part of the superiority which the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam) had over the holy Prophet(SAW). The mental faculties of the holy Prophet could not be manifested fully, although the capacity existed, owing to the deficient civilization of the time. They have now manifested themselves in their full form through the Promised Messiah, by force of the advancement of civilization."
(Review of Religions, May 1929; Qadiani Religion, P. 266/241; 9th Edition Lahore)
This is indicative of the true unIslamic beliefs of Qadianism. In Islam, believing that one can reach and surpass the holy Prophet of Allah(SAW), the greatest of believers and prophets, amounts to disbelief. In the Holy Quran, we are even told:
O you who believe! Do not put yourself ahead of Allah and His Messenger; But fear Allah: for Allah is He Who hears and knows all things.
O you who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet, nor speak aloud to him in talk, as you may speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds become vain and you perceive not.
(Holy Quran, Al-Hujurat, 49:1-2)
What of the people who believe they can surpass the holy Prophet(SAW) in the matter of faith? What of the people who believe Islam was somehow imperfect at the time of the Holy Prophet(SAW) and needed Mirza's "revelations" to become an improved faith?! Haven't they abandoned Islam by denying the following verse of the Holy Quran?
"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favor upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion."
(The Holy Quran, Al-Maidah 5:3)
- "For the Holy Prophet God showed only the sign of Eclipse of Moon; But for me he has shown the sign of Eclipse of both Moon and Sun, thus will you disbelieve me. If his Kalaam (words) were a miracle, a sign, my Kalaam is also a miracle."
(Aijaz-e-Ahmadi, Roohany Khazaen, Vol.19, P.183; Aijaz-e-Ahmadi, P. 71/79)
- "The basis for our claims is not Hadith but Quran and that Wahi (revelation) which comes to me. Yes, in support we also present those Hadith which are according to Quran and do not contradict my Wahi. Rest of the Hadith, I throw them away like a waste paper."
(Nuzool-e-Maseeh, Roohany Khazaen, Vol.19, P.140)
- "I say with swearing upon God that I believe in these inspirations in the same way as I believe in Quran and other books of God. And just as I consider Quran undoubtedly and surely the book of God, similarly I believe that that Wahi (revelation) which descends upon me is the word of God."
(Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, Roohany Khazaen, Vol.22, P.220)
- "I have similar faith in my Wahi as on Torah, Injeel, and Quran."
(Arbain, Roohany Khazaen, Vol.17, P.454; Arbain No.4)
- "...and the Word of God descended so much on me that if it is collected it will not be less than 20 parts."
(Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, Roohany Khazaen, Vol.22, P.407)
- "Quran is God's Book and words of my mouth."
(Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 22, P. 87; Advertisement dated 15th March 1897)
- "And I place my belief in the Ayat (verses) of the Holy Quran, the same way, without a jot of difference, I believe in that clear, and apparent Wahi of God which came to me; whose truth has been unraveled to me through His continuous tokens. And I can swear this standing in Baitullah (holy Kabah) that the holy revelation which descend upon me is the word of the same God Who sent down His Word on Hazrat Musa (Moses), Hazrat Isa (Jesus) and Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa(SAW)."
(Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, P. 8)
- "This Divine conversation which is held with me is certain. If I doubt it for a moment, I become an infidel and my hereafter be destroyed. The word which descends on me is certain and absolute. As a person can not doubt the sun and its light, having seen the sun and the sunlight, the same way, I can not place doubt in that word which descends upon me from Allah and I have the same faith in it as in God's book. It is possible that up to a certain time, mistakes may be committed by me in interpreting God's word at certain places, but it is not possible that I doubt that (this) is not God's word."
(Tajjaliat-e-Ilahi, P. 20, Rabwah)
- "How can I repudiate the continuous Wahi of God (being revealed) for twenty-three years. I have faith in this holy Wahi of His as in all the Wahis of God having been revealed prior to me."
(Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, P. 150)
- "O my dear, O my Soul, the Prophet of Qadian! O Prophet of Qadian!
I am a sacrifice and ransom for you. In the first mission you were Muhammad(SAW) and in the second one you are now Ahmad incarnate. O prophet of Qadian, the Quran has again been revealed to you."
(Al-Fadl, October 18, 1922, Qadian)
For all their talk about being Muslims, the Qadiani leadership relies on the "revelations" of its prophet, Mirza Ghulam Qadiani, as a source of guidance. If Mirza's anti-Islamic "wahi" were not entirely man-made creations, they surely are those of Satan. Muslims should remember the following:
... Lo! the devils do inspire their friends to dispute with you. But if you obey them, you will be in truth idolaters...
(Holy Quran, Al-Anaam, 6:121)
The Holy Prophet(SAW) said:
Allah will send no Apostle after me, but only Mubashshirat (good and pious dreams).
(Musnad Ahmad, Abu Tufail, Nasa'i, Abu Dawud)
Mirza Ghulam's visions were falsehoods attributed to Allah(SWT) and His Messenger(SAW) only to misguide people from the path of Islam. [Read: Can you trust Mirza Ghulam Qadiani on anything?]
- "On top of it you must realize what Shariat (religious law) really is. Simply it orders proper conduct and forbids indecency. One who lays down certain commands and prohibitions (i.e. Amr bil Maroof and Nahi an-ilMunkar) is an ordinate of Shariat and I am the ordinate of Shariat, because my revelations contain both commandments (awamir) and prohibitions (Nawahi). It is wrong that Shariat should decree totally new orders as there is much teaching in the Quran which is also found in the Torah. That explains why, in the Quran, there is much reference to it in the following verse: 'This has been revealed in the former books - those of Moses and Ibrahim.'"
(Arbain, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 17, P. 435-436; Arbain, Vol. 4, P. 6)
- "My teachings contain orders as well as prohibitions and renovations of important injunctions of the Shariat. For this reason, God has named my teachings and the revelations (Wahi) that comes to me as "Falak" (Boat).... Thus see, God has declared my revelations, my teachings and my allegiance to be Noah's Ark and as the basis of salvation for all human beings. Let him who has eyes see and him who has ears hear."
(Arbain, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 17, P. 435; Arbain, Vol. 4, Margin of P. 6)
The Qadiani missionaries often claim that Mirza did not bring new Shariat and was merely following the Shariat of Islam! Obviously, they are mistaken when they make that statement. Mirza reinterpreted Quran at will and rejected any Hadith he did not agree with. By rejecting elements of the Shariat, he committed a grievous mistake:
...If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.
(The Holy Quran, Al-Maeda, 5:44)
- "As the result of the advent of the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam Qadiani), a difference has cropped up (in the meaning of Kalima). Before the appearance of the mission of the Promised Messiah, the words "Muhammad Rasurrollah" (Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah) included in their meaning only such messengers as had preceded him. But, after the mission of the Promised Messiah, one more messenger has entered into the meaning of "Muhammad Rasurrollah" (Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah).
Therefore, on account of the incarnation of the Promised Messiah, the Kalimah "La Ilaha Ellallah, Muhammad Rasurrollah" does not become abolished; it rather shines more brightly. In short, the same Kalimah is effective even now for embracing Islam, with the only difference that the incarnation of the Promised Messiah (Mirza Qadiani) has added one more Messenger to the meaning of "Muhammad Rasurrollah" (Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah)."
(Kalimat-ul-Fasl, P. 158, by Mirza Basheer Ahmad Qadiani)
- "Moreover, even if we accept by supposing the impossible that the sacred name of the merciful Prophet has been included in the Kalimah because he is the last of the prophets, even then no difficulty arises and we do not need a new Kalimah because the Promised Messiah is not a separate entity from the Merciful Prophet as he (Mirza Ghulam) himself has said:'
- My Entity has become his entity
- He who makes a distinction between me and Mustafa has not recognized me nor has seen me.'
And the reason for this is that Allah Almighty has promised that He would reincarnate the last of the Prophets (Khatam-un-Nabieen) to this world once more as it is evident from the verse "Akhareen Menhom" (... others of them). Thus, the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam) is himself Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah, who had come to the world again to spread Islam. We do not, therefore, need any new Kalimah. A new Kalimah would have been necessary, if some other person had been reincarnated instead of Muhammad, the Messenger (Rasul) of Allah. So contemplate!"
(Kalimat-ul-Fasl, P. 158; Review of Religions, March-April, 1915)
For true Qadianis, the Kalimah of Islam is meaningless without the inclusion of Mirza Ghulam, who claimed to be a superior version of Muhammad and Ahmad! The only similarity between Muslim and Qadiani Kalimah is the way they sound; however, their meaning and intent are completely different.
When the Hypocrites come to thee, they say, "We bear witness that thou art indeed the Messenger of Allah." Yea, Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His Messenger, and Allah beareth witness that the Hypocrites are indeed liars.
(The Holy Quran, Al-Munafiqoon, 63:1)
- "It is apparent that the time of manifest victory (Fath-e-Mubeen) of the era of the holy prophet has expired, but the process of the second victory, which is much greater and clearer than the first one, continues. It was ordained that its time should fall during the time of the Promised Messiah."
(Khutba-i-Ilhamiah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 16, P. 288; Khutba-i-Ilhamiah, P. 193-194)
- "We believe that a religion in which the chain of prophethood stands severed (as in Islam of Muhammad) is dead. We call the religions of Jews, the Christians and the Hindus dead only because now there are no messengers in them. If this were the position in Islam, we would be no more than mere story-tellers. Why do we regard it superior to other religions? It must have some distinctive features."
(Malfoozat-e-Mirza, Vol. 10, P. 127; Rabwa)
- "That religion is no religion and that Prophet is no prophet by following whom a man does not come so close to God as to be honored with divine conversation (prophethood). That religion is cursed and contemptible which teaches that human progress depends only on a few narrated anecdotes (Shariah of Islam and Sunnah) and that divine revelations (Wahi) have lagged behind instead of going ahead.... Such a religion deserves to be called Satanic rather than divine."
(Zamimah-e-Barahen-e-Ahmadia, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 21, P. 306; Zamimah-e-Barahen-e-Ahmadia, Part 5, P. 138-139)
- "How absurd and false it is to believe that after the holy Prophet(SAW) the door to divine 'Wahi' has been closed for ever and there is no hope of it in the future till the day of Resurrection - Worship tales only. Can a religion having no direct trace of Almighty Allah be called a religion? I say, by God, that in this age there is none more disgusted than myself with such a religion. I name such a religion Satanic, instead of divine."
(Zamimah-e-Barahen-e-Ahmadia, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 21, Part 5, P. 354; Zamimah-e-Barahen-e-Ahmadia, Part 5, P. 183)
- "We have sent towards you a Prophet like the Prophet who was sent towards Pharaoh."
(Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, P. 101)
- "The Ahmadi movement bears the same relationship to Islam as Christianity bears to Judaism."
(Mubahasah Rawalpindi, P. 240; by Muhammad Ali Lahori Qadiani)
- "Probably in the year 1906, at the proposal of Khwaja Kamaluddin, Molvi Muhammad Ali entered into an agreement with the Editor of Akhbar-e-Watan to the effect that the Review of Religions would publish no articles about the issue (Mirza's claims). It would publish articles on Islam in general and the Editor of the Watan would publish in his paper advertisements of appeal for help in favor of the Journal, the Review of Religions. The promised Messiah disapproved this proposal and it was strongly opposed by the Jamaat also. The hazrat Sahib (Mirza Ghulam) said: 'Will you present dead Islam before the world by excluding me?'."
(Zikr Habib, P. 146; by Mufti Muhammad Sadiq Qadiani, First Edition, Qadian)
- "During the lifetime of the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam), at the proposal of Molvi Muhammad Ali and Khwaja Kamaluddin, the Editor of Akhbar-e-Watan started a fund collecting scheme in 1905 for the purpose of sending copies of the Review of Religions to foreign countries. On the condition that it should not contain the name of the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam). But Hazrat Aqdas (Mirza) rejected this proposal saying: 'Will you present dead Islam by excluding me?'. Thereupon, the Editor of Watan announced the closure of this fund collecting scheme."
(Al-Fadl, Vol. 16, No. 32, October 19, 1928; Qadiani Religion, P. 458/461-462)
In clear opposition to the assertions of the holy Quran that Islam is perfect, universal, protected, and for all times, Mirza of Qadian and his associates have thus declared the Islam of Muhammad(SAW) a dead religion (God forbid) and attempted to institute their man-made faith in its place. Regardless of the scheme they bring forth, they will only succeed in misguiding themselves, they will not be able to destroy Islam:
Fain would they extinguish Allah's light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that his Light should be perfected, even though the unbelievers may detest it.
(The Holy Quran, Al-Tawba, 9:32)
- "I have told so many times that according to the verse "Wa Akhareen Menhom" (Along with others of them...) - in the incarnate form, I am the same last of the Prophets (Nabi Khatamul Ambia). Twenty two years ago, God named me in the Braheen-e-Ahmadia Muhammad and Ahmad and declared that I am the entity of the holy Prophet(SAW). Thus my prophethood in no way clashes with the status of holy Prophet(pbuh) as the Last of Prophets, because shadow is inseparable from the original. Since I am Muhammad in a 'shadowy way', thus this way the Seal of the Last of the Prophets is not broken, because the prophethood of Muhammad(pbuh) remained with Muhammad (Mirza Ghulam)."
(Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 18, P. 212; Ek-Ghalati-Ka-Izala, P. 8)
- "Blessed (is) he who has recognized me. Of all the paths of God I am the last path, and of all His lights I am the last light. Unfortunate is he who forsakes me, because without me all is darkness."
(Kashti-e-Nooh, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 19, P. 61; Kashti-e-Nooh, P. 56, First Edition, Qadian 1902)
- "The Prophethood ended on our Prophet(pbuh). Therefore after Him there is no Prophet except who has been illuminated by His Light and who has been made His inheritor by God. Know that Finality was given to Muhammad(pbuh) since the Beginning; and then given to him (Mirza Ghulam) who was taught by His Spirit and made His shadow. Thus blessed is the one who taught and blessed is the one who learned (Mirza Ghulam). Thus Finality was destined for the sixth millennium, which is the sixth day in the days of God...... The Promised Messiah was born in the sixth millennium."
(Zamima Khutba Ilhamiah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 16, P. 310)
- "I am the only one selected in this Ummah to get the title of 'Prophet '. No one else deserved this title."
(Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 22, P. 407)
- "Tell them that if you love God then come and follow me, so that God also loves you."
(Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, P. 82)
- "These quotations prove that except for the Promised Messiah no one else can be a Prophet...After holy Prophet (pbuh) only one Prophet was necessary and the coming of too many Prophets would have hindered the Wisdom and Schemes of God."
(Tasheed-ul-Azhan, No.8, Vol.12, P.11, August 1917)
- "Thus only one person got the status of Prophethood in the Ummah of Muhammad....except for the Promised Messiah (Mirza) no one followed holy Prophet to such perfection to be called the shadow of holy Prophet. Therefore only Promised Messiah was chosen to be called the Prophet."
(Kalimat Al-Fasl, Review of Religions, P. 116, No. 3, Vol. 14)
Even though Mirza Ghulam had suggested that any religion without continuity of prophethood is cursed and dead, he recanted this earlier stance once he saw the reaction of the Muslim masses and, perhaps more importantly, when he dreamed of a new scheme to claim prophethood. By declaring to be Muhammad, in effect, not only he declared to be a prophet (God forbid), but also he announced that he was the very last prophet! When knowledgeable Qadianis (Ahmadis) declare to believe in the Finality of Prophethood, they really mean they believe in Finality of Prophethood in their prophet, Mirza Ghulam.
- "So say to them: If you love God, then come and obey me so that God may love you."
(Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 22, P. 82; Haqiqatul-Wahi, P. 79/82; Tadhkirah, P. 46, 62,81,82,205,277,360,363,378,395,495,630,634, Mirza Ghulam's "revelation", 2nd Edition)
- "In the Braheen-e-Ahmadia, God has declared me Ibrahim, since he said:
'Salam - Ala - Ibrahim ...'
Which means: 'Salutation on Ibrahim (i.e. this humble person). We truly made friends with him and saved him from every anxiety. And (O you who follow him), let the place of Ibrahim's steps be the place of your prayers. That is, obey him completely so that you may attain salvation'."
(Arbain, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 17, P. 420; Arbain Vol. 3, P. 30-31/37)
- " 'Wa Attakhozu Men Maghame Ibrahim Masla' This is a verse of the Holy Quran; on this occasion it means to say: Perform your prayers and maintain your beliefs on the pattern of Ibrahim who has been sent (Mirza Qadiani), and mold yourself on his model in every matter."
(Arbain, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 17, P. 420; Arbain Vol. 3, P. 31-32)
- "Similar is the verse 'Wa Attakhozu Men Maghame Ibrahim Masla'. It contains a hint that at a time when the Ummah of Muhammad(SAW) will become divided into many groups, then during the last era an Ibrahim (Mirza of Qadian) will be born and out of all the groups that group will be saved which follows this Ibrahim."
(Arbain, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 17, P. 421; Arbain Vol. 3, P. 32)
So far we have seen that Mirza of Qadian has claimed to be a superior version of Muhammad(SAW) (God forbid) sent with new "revelations" to make Islam perfect; we have witnessed him call the Islam of Muhammad(SAW) "Satanic" and "Cursed" (God forbid); we have seen how he and his accomplishes played with words to misguide the gullible; and we have heard him announce that his way is the only way for salvation! Is there any doubt what the Mirza of Qadian and his associates were doing?
Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day;" but they do not (really) believe.
Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realize (it) not!
(The Holy Quran, Al-Baqara, 2:8-9)
- "This is strange that you consider the person who rejects me and the person who calls me Kafir as two different persons, whereas in the eyes of God he is the same type; because he who does not accept me is because he considers me a fabricator..."
(Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 22, P. 167)
- "O you who are called Muslims! If you really desire Islam's victory and invite the rest of the world to join you, then first come yourselves to the true Islam (Qadianism) which is available through the Promised Messiah (Mirza of Qadian). It is under his auspices that today the roads to goodness and righteousness are open. By following him alone, man can reach the desired goal of success and salvation. He is the same pride of the former and the latter mankind (Muhammad), who had come 13 centuries ago from now as 'Rahmatul Alemeen' (The Mercy to the Worlds)."
(Al-Fadl, September 26, 1915; Qadiani Religion, P. 211-212/264, 9th Edition, Lahore)
- "To declare those who denied the Holy Prophet(SAW) in his first advent as Kafirs and outside the fold of Islam but to regard the deniers of his second advent (Mirza Ghulam) as Muslim is an insult to the Prophet and a joke against the signs of Allah, since the Promised Messiah has, in the Khutba-e-Ilhamia, compared the mutual relation between the first and the second advents of the Holy Prophet to the relations between the crescent and the full moon."
(Al-Fadl, Vol. 3, No. 10, July 15, 1915; Qadiani Religion, P. 262)
- "The point is now quite clear. If it is Kofr to deny the Merciful Prophet, it must also be Kofr to deny the Promised Messiah, because the Promised Messiah is in no way a separate being from the Merciful Prophet; rather he is the same (Muhammad). If anyone is not considered a Kafir for denying the promised Messiah, then anyone else who denies the Merciful Prophet should not also be considered a Kafir. How is it possible that denying him in his first advent should be considered Kofr, but denying him in his second advent should not be regarded as Kofr, even thought, as claimed by the Promised Messiah, his spiritual attainment is stronger, more complete, and more severe."
(Kalimat-ul-Fasl, P. 146-147; Review of Religions, March-April 1915)
- "Any person who believes in Moses but does not believe in Christ, or believes in Christ but does not believe in Muhammad or believes in Muhammad but does not believe in the Promised Messiah, is not only a Kafir, but he is a confirmed (Pakka) Kafir, and out of the fold of Islam."
(Kalimat-ul-Fasl, P. 110, by Mirza Basheer Ahmad Qadiani)
- "All such Muslims as did not swear allegiance to the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam Qadiani), even though they did not hear the name of the Promised Messiah, are Kafir and debarred from the fold of Islam."
(Aiena-e-Sadaqat, P. 35, by Mirza Mahmood Ahmad Qadiani)
- "It is incumbent upon us that we should not regard non-Ahmadis as Muslims, nor should we offer prayers behind them, because according to our belief they deny one of the messengers of Allah. This is a matter of faith. None has any discretion in this."
(Anwar-e-Khilafat, P. 90, by Mirza Mahmood Ahmad Qadiani)
- [Read: What do Qadianis ( Ahmadiyya ) think of Muslims]
We hope the facts do speak for themselves, Mirza Ghulam of Qadian forged a lie against Allah by claiming to be a Prophet of God. The use of appealing Islamic teachings, symbols, and terminology by the Qadiani leadership is a weak and hypocritical attempt on their part to divert gullible or uninformed individuals from the Light of Allah(SWT) and the religion of Muhammad(SAW). The doctrine and beliefs of the followers of Mirza Ghulam Qadiani are attacks on the very prophethood of hazrat Muhammad(SAW) and the true Message of Islam.
They swear by Allah that they said nothing (evil), but indeed they uttered blasphemy, and they did it after accepting Islam; and they meditated a plot which they were unable to carry out: this revenge of theirs was (their) only return for the bounty with which Allah and His Messenger had enriched them! If they repent, it will be best for them; but if they turn back (to their evil ways), Allah will punish them with a grievous penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: They shall have none on earth to protect or help them.
(The Holy Quran, Al-Tawba, 9:74)